Currently, I am a PhD student at University Grenoble Alpes.
I prepare my thesis in CEA Clinatec lab where I work on BCI project.
In my research I focus on developing and applying deep learning methods to brain signals.
I concentrate on improving of ECoG/EEG decoding algorithms.
I hope to help disabled people in their daily life by increasing brain-computer interfaces accuracy.
- Śliwowski, M., Matrin, M., Souloumiac, A., Blanchart, P., & Aksenova, T. (2022). Decoding ECoG signal into 3D hand translation using deep learning Journal of Neural Engineering. preprint doi
- Śliwowski, M., Martin, M., Aksenova, T. (2022). End-to-end vs. hand-crafted features: how much ECoG data do we need to train deep learning decoders? Talk at CORTICO 2022: Invasive and non invasive Brain-Computer Interfaces - A handshake over the cliff.
- Xiaoxi W., Faisal, AA., Grosse-Wentrup, M., Gramfort, A., Chevallier, S., Jayaram, V., Jeunet, C., Bakas, S., Ludwig, S., Barmpas, K., Bahri, M., Panagakis, Y., Laskaris, N., Adamos, D., Zafeiriou, S., Duong, W., Gordon, S., Lawhern, V., Śliwowski, M., Rouanne, V., Tempczyk P. (2022). 2021 BEETL Competition: Advancing Transfer Learning for Subject Independence & Heterogenous EEG Data Sets. preprint
- Śliwowski, M., Rouanne, V., & Tempczyk, P. (2021) EEG transfer learning with SPDNet - BEETL NeurIPS 2021 competition solution Talk and poster on NeurIPS 2021 Competition Workshop
- Śliwowski, M., Matrin, M., Souloumiac, A., Blanchart, P., & Aksenova, T. (2021). Deep learning for decoding 3D hand translation based on ECoG signal ML in PL Conference 2021.preprint
- Rouanne, V., Śliwowski, M., Costecalde, T., Benabid, A. L., & Aksenova, T. (2021). Detection of error correlates in the motor cortex in a long term clinical trial of ECoG based brain computer interface. BIOSIGNALS 2021 - 14th International Conference on Bio-Inspired Systems and Signal Processing. doi pdf
- Śliwowski, M., Jastrzębska, P., Holas, P., Żygierewicz, J., & Suffczyński, P. (2021). Brain activity during meditation in first-time meditators. International Journal of Neuroscience. doi
- Śliwowski, M., Tempczyk, P., Dovgialo, M., & Żygierewicz, J. (2020). Reinforcement learning based brain-computer interface. Easter European Machine Learning school 2020 video
- Śliwowski, M., Tempczyk, P., & Żygierewicz, J. (2018). Reinforcement learning based brain-computer interface PL in ML: Polish View on Machine Learning 2018 conference, poster
- Śliwowski, M., Jastrzębska, P., & Suffczyński, P. (2017). Brain activity during meditation state Aspects of Neuroscience 2017 conference, poster
- 3rd place award in BEETL: Benchmark for EEG Transfer Learning NeurIPS 2021 Competition
- The Contributed Talk Award Runner-up on ML in PL Conference 2021
- Best poster award in reinforcement learning category - Easter European Machine Learning school 2020
- Distinction in Polish competition for the best master's thesis on machine learning or data analysis (2020).webpage
- Kaggle competition: Intel & MobileODT Cervical Cancer Screening. 45th position (out of 848) on the leaderboard (2017).
- Contributing to braindecode, an open source package for deep learning in EEG
- Editor of machine learning blog ASAP
- Contributing to PRL-package implementing user-friendly reinforcement learning.
Reinforcement learning based brain-computer interface
Poster presentation from EEML 2020. Best poster award in reinforcement learning category.